Monday, February 4, 2013

Police Scanner Online

Back in the 70's, 80's, or 90's did you or your parents have a police scanner so you could listen to what's going on? I think my parents did, I never cared about it and still don't think much about it. As I was listening to the local radio station (as is my habit) a woman called in and said that if you have a computer, you have a scanner. Of course I had to check it out. Here's how to find out what's happening in your area: Go to Radio Reference, about 1/2 down click on the blue, Live Audio button on the right, click on your state, then on your county. Not all counties are available, ours is. When you see your state with your county hi-lighted click on the small speaker icon that reads Launch the county web player. There ya go! I tried it, it works. There's my helpful hint for the day, ya never know when it might come in handy.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment