Monday, July 9, 2012

Bargains From Last Week

I haven't found any really good bargains recently, but here are a few I found the past week. I don't search out garage sales because I have way too much stuff. If I'm driving by and it looks like something other than baby items I'll stop. I even try to stay out of the stores, but Friday I had to run into Shopko on my lunch hour and in the clearance section I picked up a box of Keurig k-cups of tea at $6.52.....great price! But when I got home and put them away I remembered that I really don't care for that particular kind.  :-( drat )-:   They are putting the back to school items out already....seems like the kids just got out of school.....in fact their last day was June 11.

At our local, small thrift store I found this clutch for $1.50. It still had the tag on it. The clasp looks tarnished, but it is not. Recently I attended a wedding reception and needed a small purse, this is perfect for such occasions. It's not so small that I can't fit what I need into it.


ebisu clutch


 I also got cute lunch bag. It beats my UGLY navy one I was using. It really didn't bother me until I decided to attend the library's brown bag lunch talks. I love lime green. I didn't look it over really good so I didn't notice that the zipper is broken. I had some velcro, so stuck that on and now it is fine.
snazzy lunch bag for brown bag lunch dates ($1.50)







As I was browsing I noticed a small, metal  hand grater in the kitchen tool section. I picked it up because it was so small and my grands use graters to grate sidewalk chalk when they make chalk paint. When I looked closely it said 'Dr Scholls' ....aha, it's a foot file, a good foot file. That went into my cart immediately! I have the pumice stone type but this is a 'heavy duty' one and I love it.

That's all I can think of now.

2 comments:

  1. I love your "new" clutch. Guess I haven't been shopping much in the past week--with two grandsons around, although tomorrow we'll go to the grand opening of a new thrift store. I should be worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to the thrift store tomorrow and hope to find some treasures.
    I would go to the beach alone if I lived by one. Sounds very relaxing.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete