Friday, April 20, 2012

Who Said It Wasn't A Great Week?

It certainly wasn't me! It has been a great week for a number of reasons....in no particular order:
***I have new (tags on) jeans from Goodwill that are the right length and don't have such a low rise and fit good. I don't want 'mom' jeans but do like something that is not 6" below my belly button. Not Comfortable!
***I filled my car with gas and it didn't cost me a thing. First I had a .87/per gallon discount from grocery store points and a $50 gift card from my credit card points. I had enough points that I could have chosen a $25 credit to my account or $25 check OR.....a $50 gift card from various places. Why would anyone take the $25 credit????
*** Book club was fun, I didn't finish the book but attended anyway. I had a hankering for Nachos and was able to share an order with a friend. One of the gals got an inspiration to buy us a shot that was mentioned in the book. We read The Tender Bar by JR Moehringer. The liquor was either black or white and we each had a taste of both. I can't remember the name but it was kinda licorice tasting. I don't plan on buying a bottle, but it was fun.
***I'm enjoying a 5 day weekend. One of the reasons I won't retire next year.
***I had lunch at school with my grandsons for 'Book Munchers'. After lunch we went to the library where they read to me. The older one is a great reader, when he left he gave me a kiss. J didn't want to read at first but he did, I barely got a hug from him when he went to his classroom.
***The mailman brought me a post card to take to the Clinique counter at a local store to redeem for a free full size lipstick.
***My boss gave me free tickets to see BJ Thomas. I'm not that excited about him, but it's a live performance, it's free, and in a beautiful venue. So far no one wants to go with me............

And the week isn't even over yet!!! Hope your week went just as well as mine is going.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, you've had a lot of freebies this week. I am in total agreement about low rise jeans--they just feel unnatural to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went thrifting Sunday I tried on about 20 pairs of pants and I swear every one of them ended up being those low rise things I hate. I got some booty and I just can't handle my britches riding down my butt and constantly having to tug them up or not be able to squat.
    I'll go with you to BJ Thomas! :) Elvis sang a song of his and I love Elvis...so I'd see BJ. Does that make sense. haha

    ReplyDelete