Sunday, July 10, 2011

Wanna Read A Good Book?

Then have I got a recommendation for you! After my usual weekend activities of grand kids (both boys spend the night yesterday) I eked out time this afternoon to finish a great book.

Yesterday I conned (not really) my SIL into having a cookout and fire at their house. Seemed like it was mostly us girls and the kids, the guys were inside watching the Brewers baseball game. Grandson J was tired, therefore crabby (I get the same way) so we were home relatively early. I made the boys take baths, J had his popcorn (he HAS to follow a routine, is that part of ADHD?), their TV sleep timer was set for 30.....and we called it a night.

Today they slept in and had a leisurely breakfast. The plan was to have a picnic at the small zoo (2nd week in a row) and just hang out. (Another of J's idiosyncrasies - he chooses something he likes and wants to do/watch it ALL the time - is that ADHD?). It started to rain when we left here so we ate at McD's (YUM YUM-NO). But it was nice outside when we got to the zoo so we walked around looked at everything, even though there are very few animals, and the boys played for a bit. SIL and her 7 year old son joined us. I stopped at Walgreen's so they could spend their money and then dropped my grandsons off at their home.

When I got home I pulled out Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah, filled up my ice tea mug, found a comfy place on the deck, and finished it....... all 479 pages of it. I started it earlier this week. We are reading it for book club. If you grew up in the 70's or 80's and are a mom, daughter, or friend this book is for you! You will not want to put it down. I bawled during the last 20 pages. If you've read this I'd like to know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment