Friday, July 22, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

Last night I decided to fix a pair of earrings, one had broken and I really like the turquoise beads so I just put them on wires. I believe Paula at http://fashionoverfifty.blogspot.com/ often does jewelry 'make overs', so I figured I could too. While I was looking for the wires I found a necklace that I made years ago but I guess I decided it was too 'bohemian'? I made the one on the right, actually glued the 'coin' onto the green stone and used odd beads that I thought would go. I'll try to wear it this fall. The necklace on the left is kinda lame, all I did was put the green bead onto a chain...but I did add the small green & yellow bead that hangs off the larger one. The yellow is from a funky bracelet that I now longer wear but it has some great colors. Those are my attempts at jewelery making. I don't wear many necklaces and especially not in the summer....too hot....I don't want anything on my neck, whether it's hair or jewelry.

2 comments: