Thursday, February 4, 2016

It's Been A Quiet Week

....and I'm not complaining. 
Weird coincidence? Last week's dr appointment went very well, the dr did increase my blood pressure meds. The very next day I had absolutely NO ambition. I thought that was what was causing my lethargy....so I went back to my previous dose. I finally was able to talk to the nurse and explained my situation to him and I decided to take the new dose of BP meds. Maybe high BP was causing me to feel icky. We shall see. I am also feeling shortness of breath since last week. Not the extreme shortness of breath I had previously, but definitely feeling worse that I had been for a long time.The past 2 weeks I have just not felt like myself (who am I feeling like? I'm not sure.) I'm feeling lazy, not happy (as I usually am), I almost feel nauseous, I don't have much of an appetite (that's a good thing)....I just don't feel right.
 Monday I attended a silver sneaker exercise class at the Y and I could not keep up. It was more strenuous than the ones at the senior center I had  been attending,  I was just beat and had to just stand there and march very slowly. I'm not wasting my time going to that class until I feel better. I am still taking the water aerobics classes, those are not so strenuous and I can easily slow it down.
Today I had lab work done for my appointment next week with my primary care dr. I am not sure what she is looking for. The cardiologist ordered more blood tests after I talked to the nurse and expressed my concerns. Four vials lighter I walked out of the clinic with a juice and granola bar.      
I'm not sure if I have some kind of bug or if it is my heart. I've also been experiencing some dizziness so am seeing the electrophysiologist later this month. They deal with the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders.
And that is why I haven't done much of anything the past 2 weeks.
All decorated for Valentine's day....and that will be it!

5 comments:

  1. Sending a hug. Keep us posted. I hope you will feel better soon. Spring is coming.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's the weather?
    I hope you are feeling better soon
    and whatever the problem is can be solved.
    Take care,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can find out the reason for your lethargy. It does often take awhile to adjust to a new dose of medicine. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering if you have a bug. I had those same symptoms before I ended up in the hospital: dizzy, short of breath, loss of appetite, tired. Hope it all goes away for you!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure you stay on top of that with your doc - those symptoms can be early signs of a heart attack in a woman, I believe. Scary stuff! I have been feeling 'off' for the last two weeks also...not sure what's going on. I don't like it one bit! I'm usually pretty upbeat and energetic and I feel like I'm dragging, no energy. Hope it passes soon!!

    ReplyDelete