Wednesday, December 30, 2015

One Christmas Party

The Sunday before Christmas my side of the family was here...........my daughter and her family, my sister and hers, and Kev's two children and their families.We had them over for lunch and the afternoon. It was a really nice day!!!

My daughter and her girls....remember they were here this past summer. They are real sweeties....well, the younger one has some spunk in her.
The always like to pull out the dress up clothes.
The sports fans in the family room.

Pile on Mark?
Most of the children surrounded Amy as she opened up used books from almost everyone there. Yes, she was starting to wonder why everyone was giving her a used book, including 50 SHADES OF GREY.
After all the gifts were opened Kevin brought out the Little Free Library. It was a hit, but I didn't get a photo. It's pretty big, there's room for large children's books and small paperbacks. I had it primed only so they can paint it the way they want it.

Look at all those girls with the long, blond locks. My daughter's girls put it up in the spring for their dance recital. When they get it cut it gets donated. 

I concentrated on my daughter's children because this was the only time I'd see them for Christmas.
One of our granddaughters received Pie Face (the game). After a bit it got a little wild and I had to calm them down....then it was over. 

But they had plenty of laughs.

Even one mom, my step daughter, played.

Togetherness? Playing video games.
My nephew (body builder and personal trainer) and oldest grandson. See the red beard? I told ya red hair runs in the family.

It was a wonderful gathering...my only wish would be that all my of children could have been here. 
More Christmas festivities coming up.
Hope your holiday was great!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, The time spent with family is precious especially this time of the year. Watching the kids and grandkids make it all the better. We are celebrating New Year's eve at our daughters then my son will fly back to Louisiana. He has been here since Christmas Eve. That made it special for me. We have seen hubby at the nursing home a few times, but not as many as I would like, but I don't have a car as of yet. I have enjoyed catching up with you. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to spend some time with this part of your family, and the pictures were really fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family looks very happy and full of fun. Your daughter looks like you. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls have beautiful hair, but I heard that Locks of love sells the hair. All the kids look like they are having a great time.!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a very merry Christmas!
    You have a lovely family, "pie face" and all! lol

    ReplyDelete