Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Sunday Adventures/Decorating Cookies


 Sunday I had my annual cookie decorating event. Our grandsons came over for the afternoon. Actually I picked the boys up at 8:30am because dad had to work. Jalen and I made breakfast and I took him to Sunday school, the other boys didn't want to go so I didn't make them. They don't even know what it is. 


 Grandson J would not share the only tiny tube of icing that I bought, so he quit and went downstairs to get away from us. So dad took his place, dad made some pretty darn good looking cookies.
 I finally convinced J to come upstairs and make some gingerbread cookies. He is over here so seldom so doesn't get to do special things with me.


One of their cousins was over here too, he's very well behaved so it's not a problem. In spite of the toy messes we had a good day. Dad washed all the dishes, helped me clean up a casserole I dropped on the floor, and put away the toys. It's so nice to have an adult around.
I gave them their St Nick's stockings which included an ornament. J was THRILLED to get his initial....it even lights up (I didn't know that at the time). I give the grands small things in their stockings. One boy got a paper airplane kit...hence they were outside tossing paper airplanes. I'm glad dad plays with them. They don't see him often enough and he gets so sad when they go home.
 I don't know why, but, Robin Jingles wanted to play army with the boys. He was attacked and thrown on the pile of men for the mass grave burial. 
 He did not succeed in escaping....that time....
 When he finally did I found him hiding behind my Santas.

He must have calmed down and felt the need for some sweets, because a day later he was in my mug of leftover candy canes. 
It should be quiet here for a few days so we both can relax.

I'm pretty happy: I have my tree up, I think all the decorating is done, and the cards are all mailed out. Now to finish shopping, attend some Christmas concerts for the grands and some parties, bake some more cookies, and then clean. 
How are your holiday preparations coming along? 

7 comments:

  1. Linda, I liked seeing the fellows make cookies. I think all boys should be allowed to cook and bake also. What fun for Daddy to be with the boys. Blessings to all of you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I love how you do a cookie decorating day with your family.
    A great tradition.
    I am working on cards after I read a few blogs. :-)
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a good time. I'm a Christmas nut, but nothing is up yet at our home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is going to be a quiet Christmas around our house. We have the whole family for breakfast the day after, and that is it. What decorating that I have done, is very little.
    (You posted you didnt know why I had to have an epidural - I have severe sciatica and the injection into my spine gives me about 4 months relief.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very glad you had a good time with your grandsons! I love the Christmas cookie decorating tradition with the grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't sound too quiet to me. Looks like you've been very busy and what fun with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How serious they all look while working on those cookies! LOL
    I laughed out loud at the photo of your elf facing that tank, too fun.

    ReplyDelete