Friday, December 4, 2015

A Few Projects

I'm not really crafty and don't have much of an imagination but I can copy. I've seen many things done with scrabble tiles and was planning on making a 'Give Thanks' sign for Thanksgiving, but we weren't having dinner guests so I jumped right into Christmas. As soon as I saw this at Organized Clutter I knew I had to make one. Everything I needed was here, even the star! Guess it pays to be a hoarder, once in a while. The supplies I used: a small frame, black scrapbook paper, small star I saved from something, and glue. Easy, peasy.....my kind of crafting.


During these cooler, stay at home, work inside days I often wear leggings..........so comfy. But I like to track my steps and do not have a pedometer that works, so I use an app on my phone. That works great when I am wearing jeans and can put it in my pocket. How can I have my phone on me at all times when I wear leggings??? I needed a pocket! I found this one somewhere...on Facebook probably. It works great! Hubby calls it my 'half skirt.
I wear it off to the side, on my hip and it is great for my phone, a kleenex or whatever else I am carrying around. I had an old pair of hubby's jeans that I had been saving for the pockets (did I say that it pays to be a hoarder sometimes???) and that is what I used.
Call me crazy or anything you like...I don't care.
Have a happy and crazy week!  I mean crazy good!

8 comments:

  1. Linda, You say you aren't crafty..but it sure looks like you are to me. A beautiful sign for Christmas and that handy pocket is clever as can be. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not crafty either, but the two things you did are easy and that is what I like. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Linda...you are craftier than you think. How cute and smart are those ideas with the jeans. Years ago we made purses and tots out of old jean legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made some of those too for my family! Easy peasy is my friend!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a whole collection of these and wear them a lot!!! I am not above sewing a big honking denim pocket to an old apron or whatever I need a pocket on!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas tree! Maybe I need a half skirt also?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if you are crazy, I am too:) I think your craft is precious and the half skirt... genius! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea to have a pocket with you! I have made purses from old jeans but this is a great idea! Love the framed art also!

    ReplyDelete