Monday, December 7, 2015

The Ugly Sweater Contest

Last week I and 2 of my friends hosted our Red Hat Christmas party at a local restaurant. We chose to have an ugly sweater contest, and take it from me, ugly sweaters are hard to find. I looked for one all year long and ended up with a sweater vest. Most of us embellished our sweaters. 
This is most of our group.

  Here I am in my ugly sweater, I added every single Christmas pin I had to it and even some lights.
  The embellishing paid off....I won 1st place.
Second place (the tree) also had lights. Debbie and Darlene tied for 3rd. Needless to say, I don't think any of us will be wearing our sweaters in public any more.

One of the gals who was a hostess made the cute, little treat bags: one was the M&Ms I posted earlier, the other one she made was with a Grinch saying. Our Queen mum passed out individual packages of candy.

Darlene tried to steal a bite of Sandi's dessert but Sandi had her eye on the planed dastardly deed doer. 

We had a white elephant gift exchange. Joyce got a pair of sparkly, sexy, red pumps....she doesn't think she has any occasions in the future that need red heels.
 Carolee received some homemade cookies in her white elephant gift.
We have really nice group of ladies and always enjoy getting together. Quite often we take up a collection for a deserving charity. this month we brought items for the Salvation Army. They pass out Christmas gifts and everything is appreciated.
That was the first of my Christmas parties..............I have another one this friday. Let the fun begin!!!!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun group of ladies you share time with. Love the sweaters! You all looked so festive. I think it is nice that you gather together and think of others and give to charities. Wishing you many more happy get together activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Being with friends, laughing and sharing...nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, That looked like a fun time. I loved all those ugly sweaters.:):) The gifts were cute too. You ladies looked wonderful. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to see you enjoying life again! Lots of fun with those sweaters. Some are not "ugly"!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun party. We did that last year at our Family Christmas Dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you didn't take a picture of Mary's white elephant gift!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time with friends:) Most of the ugly sweaters are like the ones I have in my closet:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugly sweaters are pricey now...you were smart to find one and embellishment it! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete