Thursday, June 27, 2013

We've Been Busy

Right around now I am wondering if I have a mental  deficiency???? My granddaughter has been here since friday and my grandson spent 2 nights with us also. We've been on the go!!!

Of course we had to set up the tent. They were able to sleep in it one night. Grandpa told them it was time for bed at midnight....how long they were up after that I don't know. I do know that they woke up early (birds) and were in the house about 5 and played games on the computer until I got up (or was woken up).




One afternoon we went to the library's program about animals in the rain forest. Two of my grands were chosen to help hold the 100# snake. The other one held the tarantula earlier.

Naturally we spent an afternoon at the local water park.

 A is sorting the embroidery floss that we picked up at the thrift store. On the left you can see some of the full cards she got. She sorted it all by color and marked off, on the master list, which colors she has. Can you say organized? She is making friendship bracelets to sell in their garage sale and the money will be donated to an animal shelter. Do you think this grandma is proud??? We were talking the other day and she said she was thinking that on her next birthday, since she has enough of everything, she'd like to have people donate to the animal shelter instead of buying a gift for her. This is all her own idea! Her mom is not an animal lover and they don't have any pets. My mom was a great animal lover and I told her that is what we requested when her great grandma passed. I love all of my grandchildren, each one has a special gift, but at this moment a tear of pride is running down my face. 
Grandson J is making up the menu for lunch. He wanted to go to a restaurant and I was not doing that so she suggested that they have a restaurant here. They ordered their food and even paid me. I made over $2, including my tip. A didn't have any money so J gave her some of his money. (Which is our money b/c most of it comes from grandpa anyway.)

After the library we stopped at the Historic Washington House for a quick tour and some ice cream. A and I always get ice cream here when she visits. Grandson S had never been there so he enjoyed it, well, they all did. Here they are in front of a wonderful dollhouse. 


Is that old lady with my grandchildren me???


A loves to scrapbook so we worked on hers. This is her favorite page. It's with her and her little sister. I gave her a bunch of supplies for Christmas but she hasn't had time to use it so I hauled stuff upstairs. My basement is a mess!!!! And who wants to be in a 'dungeon' when you can work in front of the patio door and hear/see outside? I think she likes using all of my papers and stickers too! Her mom scrapbooks too, but with 3 children and the activities they are involved in, she hasn't had much time. We are going to do more scrapbooking today. 


A sleeps in so I have a couple of hours to myself in the morning. I crave my alone time and so does she. The boys wanted to go the 'kids night' at the park last night but she choose not to. J was upset but this is her week and she wanted to just stay home. I usually take the boys to such events..........mom is working, dad has all the boys including their 2 year old and doesn't drive. The other grandparents, along with mom's brother and sister, live just a couple of blocks from the park, but......

Tonight we're attending 'Sundae Thursday' and the boys will come along with us. Two Rivers is the birthplace of the ice cream sundae!!!

My left leg has really been bothering me. My hamstring is so tight and  I can not bend my knee very much. I have to go upstairs stepping only my right leg, it hurts to put weight on my left when stepping up. Walking on a flat surface is just fine. I am beginning to think it could be something with my back???  My knee has been stiff for years but the thing with walking upstairs is new. I am going to make an appointment with the chiropractor for next week. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun week you are having with your grands! I know you must be proud of your little granddaughter....what a big heart she has! Enjoy the rest of your time with them...:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvelous week you are having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a good grandma..you set the bar high!

    ReplyDelete