Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pumpkin Roll

I haven't shared my pumpkin roll recipe with you, so I will today.
Many, many years ago my sister in law use to make this and it was sooooooo good.....still is! My son in law just LOVES it and so do their 3 children. Mark will almost always ask me to bring it when we have a family get together and I do. At first I was intimidated and thought making a roll would be too hard, it's not, it's so easy.

PUMPKIN ROLL

Beat 3 eggs on high until light and fluffy
Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar

stir in:
2/3 cup pumpkin
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour

Grease and flour a jelly roll pan (cookie sheet with sides) or line it with parchment paper
Pour batter into pan, top with finely chopped walnuts
Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes
Loosen edges and flip pan over onto a towel that has been sprinkled with powdered sugar
Roll 'cake' up in the towel
Let cool, unroll, and spread with filling

filling-beat:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 ounce pkg cream cheese
4 tsp butter
1-1/2 tsp vanilla

Roll up and sprinkle with additional powdered sugar
ENJOY!!
We do!


On thursday I and 2 friends were suppose to visit one of our Red Hatter who moved out of town. But Janice called at the last minute to say that a grandchild was on her way......so plans changed and I had to eat the pumpkin roll myself. 

It freezes well if you make it ahead of time. 

Have a great weekend. No plans for us...........and I like it that way!

1 comment: