Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thoughts On Thursday

Facebook really annoys me....or maybe I should say the people on that site bother me. OK, I agree  that it's nice to keep in touch with friends and family who live far away. I love seeing photos of my grandchildren and catching up with friends that I haven't seen in a long time. Oh, and I enjoy when my facebook friends wish me happy birthday or happy mothers day or merry christmas, etc. I do know 97% of the people who are my 'friends' but most are just acquaintances. But, c'mon people, doesn't a  family member or friend that you know personally deserve more than a few words on facebook that everyone can see??? Me? I'd prefer to receive a real card, or a phone call, a personal message. I admit I am guilty of 'facebooking'  messages sometimes.  I do send out a few cards, but some people just don't appreciate it, even the hand made cards I make. I play a lot of Words with Friends so hang out on Facebook all too much.....someday I'll get bored with that and move on.... Unfortunately I'm all about 'doing unto you what you have done to me'. I know that is not how I should be.....I've decided that if that is how you treat me that it must be the way you want to be treated. And, now for invites to events that are on Facebook............I NEVER look at the events. So don't expect me to be there or even acknowledge it.....because, most likely, I do not even know about it. Not everyone who is on facebook is that savvy to know to check under events every day. Even an email would be better!.....but I guess email is passe now. What about those who are not on facebook? No, not everyone is...or they may have an account but don't check it. Anway..... I'd prefer a card or invitation in the mail. If you can't go to that much 'trouble' to contact me why do you expect me to spend my time shopping for your special day????....hey, shopping is hard work and my time IS worth something also.

I admit it - I am old fashioned and prefer to have something in my hand that I can hold onto, look at, put in my scrapbook, or post on the fridge as a reminder. Am I the only one who feels that way? I know I'm not b/c my friend and I were discussing this just the other day. What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I like a phone call better than an email me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! I don't even look at Facebook unless someone
    posts a message for me. I don't care for everyone knowing my business. I either email, or send a card via snail mail. Sarah

    ReplyDelete