- I don't wanna bore my followers?
- too busy?
- lack of interest on my part?
- computer down?
- too hot to think?
- all of the above?
I've been doing more things with my grandsons this summer. In August one of my granddaughters is coming for a visit.
Friday I spent most of the day with my mother. I brought shrimp dinners for us, a real treat for her. Then I took her to her doctors appointment. We were in and out in no time....very pleasant. Before I took her home we drove around town to see what was new. It was a nice visit for both of us.
Last Saturday I and another gal had a surprise birthday party for my SIL. It wasn't exactly an easy task b/c Sandie (my co-conspirator) is busy with her family and attending an accelerated school program (for displaced workers). After a bit of detective work I got in touch with SIL's babysitter and had her hand out invitations also. I didn't know 1/2 the people we invited and no one RSVP'd. About a week before the party some friends also surprised Michele and she wasn't too happy about it. So the afternoon of the party I stopped at Michele's with the ruse of dropping off her gift (she knew I wanted to come over) and I gave her an hour's notice of the party. It worked out well because she had cleaned that morning so was all set. And we did surprise her!!!
|roasting marshmallows for S'mores|
....and then the drama....
- My step son got a temporary job at the same place hubby works - good news. But....he missed 2 of 4 days (overslept). E has a tendency to quit and feels like a total looser and hubby is NOT happy, after all he stuck his neck out for his son. I am not sure if E called his supervisor and went in today or just gave up. Much more drama in SS life that I am not going to get into.
- BFF and her sister had a falling out over a $10 payment and sign up for the Red Hat picnic. Deb gets upset easily and was quite emotional about it. They have since made up.
- my grandson misplaced the remote for my TV. Sometimes I don't watch it for a week, but last night I wanted to veg in front of TV and couldn't find it.......
- SIL called me late yesterday afternoon (just 2 hours after I left her house) with a shaky voice....she just got done doing CPR on her neighbor. Donna is an older lady whom Michele just loves. Donna stopped over on Saturday afternoon to wish M a happy birthday and said what a blessing M is. Donna's son and his wife live across the street from M and were also at the party. M walked across her driveway to give Donna and her hubby some birthday cake and found Donna laying on the ground. M was able to yell for her son to call 911 and the dispatcher walked her through the CPR. Even though she is certified in it it is not easy to do when your mind is racing. I received an email from Michele this morning saying that it doesn't look good for Donna. Even if Donna does not make it M was at the right place at the right time.
|there are lots of flowers and sculptures along the trail|
My schedule for the remainder of the week includes:
- working Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- alter guild at church
- outdoor movie in the park with my grandsons
- birthday party on Saturday
- dermatologist appointment
So I'd like a month ALL TO MYSELF, PLEASE!!!!
I love my family, but....no hubby, grandkids, or people of any kind unless I initiate the contact. (and no guilt feelings if I don't)
I want the house to myself, I can stay or go
Put my job on hold.
Phone is turned off, but more importantly, the computer is off (or maybe limited to just the BUSINESS I have to do)
Freedom to do what I WANT and not what I should
Is that too much to ask??? ....probably...but I can dream, can't I?