Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thoughts on Thursday

Here I go with some random thoughts.....again.........
  • I'm going right to thoughts of Christmas TODAY! (actually I started a week ago) It was then 8 weeks until Christmas! No, I am not totally skipping Thanksgiving. Although this year the holiday will be different than usual for me. It doesn't really matter to me if I have a big turkey dinner with all the trimmings and tons of people or not. More on that later. I am thankful for many things, but I don't think I'll participate in "30 days of thanksgiving" this year, mostly because I will be gone for a week. As I am writing this (a week earlier) I am listening to a radio program by Marcia Ramsland titled 'How to simplify Christmas'. Marcia is an organizing pro and has written several books about simplifying your life. This year is our turn to host one of the family Christmas Eve gatherings so I need to get things done! I'll be loosing a week in Nov when I am gone. So I wanna start thinking Christmas early this year.  I hope to get some outdoor lights up before mid November and get some more Christmas cards made. I have almost enough completed but want to have them done before I leave on vacation  December. I know exactly what I am going to do so that takes a lot of stress away from me.
  • Hubby will be out of town for Thanksgiving and I hate cooking a big family dinner anyway so I am going to my mother's to visit for the day and eat dinner with her at her assisted living residence. It works for me! My step-daughter asked what we were doing and I replied 'nothing', which would be my choice....to stay home alone and have quite 'ME' time. But who knows how long my mom will be around and I don't visit much so it's a win-win situation to visit her.
  • eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh (insert blood curdling scream) I have hardly anything done that was on the listed I posted the other day. And today I will be gone most of the day. But I'll return home with a new do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment