Friday, September 7, 2012

the Friday 56/ The Litigators book review

It's Friday and time for Freda's Friday 56 
Link up with her blog
find a book
turn to page 56
post a sentence or 2, it's easy, peasy
p. 56  "Oh come on. I went to Harvard Law School. I'll work part time - 50 hours a week, half of what I've been doing. Get it? Part-time?"

When I saw this ebook available on Overdrive I knew I had to have it. I love John Grishman's books. It took me only a couple of days to read.

One morning, on the way to work at a very prestigious law firm, David looses it. After he gets off the elevator, he turns and bolts back inside and rides back down to the ground floor. He can't go home to his wife and just say he quit his high paying job. Dressed in an expensive suit he finds himself at Abner's bar that morning and drinks himself silly. Hours later he literally stumbles into the boutique law firm of Finley & Figg. It's an unlikely partnership between 3 men  that are very different. How the law firm manages to get any clients and stay in the black is amazing. It's a funny story and probably not very plausible, but a good read. I don't think it's as 'on the edge' as some of this other books, but I do recommend it.

5 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read this one...love the premise and the excerpt.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it does sound and look highly entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something about that cover...I just love. Great snippet! Here are my Friday Memes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an interesting read about David's work ethics. I think hubby would like to read this one. Thanks for the visit. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Grisham in awhile but his books are usually so good. This sounds like a great one, too.

    ReplyDelete