Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Quote for Today

I heard this quote on the radio (from a very opinionated radio announcer that I like) this morning as I was getting ready for work. Think about it.....I just had to find the quote so I could post and remember it. 

"The thing that makes you exceptional, if you are at all, is inevitably that which must also make you lonely".~Lorraine Hansberry, American Playwright who wrote the play, A Raisin in the Sun (1950)
Lorraine Hansberry

Lorraine Vivian Hansberry the 3rd (May 19, 1930 – January 12, 1965) was an African American playwright and author of political speeches, letters, and essays. Her best known work, A Raisin in the Sun, was inspired by her family's battle against racial segregation in Chicago. (taken from Wikipedia) 

She studied at the University of Madison, WI (gotta promote my home state of Wi once again).

No comments:

Post a Comment