Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Pretty Card And A Little News

Brrrr......I'm so cold. When Kev is not home I can turn the thermostat up to 77, but he's home today so I have to freeze with it at 73. I was like this in November too and it went away so I can live with it for a bit. Of course it's 29 and cloudy outside, so that doesn't help.

 I received this lovely 3-D card from a good friend the other day. She spent 2 days on it, I can believe it. The flower and bird are 3-D, the words are layered, so nothing is flat. If you have any questions as to how it is made I'll tell you to the best of my knowledge.
Since I've been home I've received flowers, chocolate, scrapbook paper, cash, gift cards, and many cards.....Christmas again. I expect this will be it tho....as I am on the road to recovery.....I don't think radiation treatments warrant gifts....just sayin'. I will be happy to get back to my somewhat normal life....but then there's my heart. I'll take it one day at a time.
Friday I had an appointment with my surgeon (in Milwaukee) so a friend drove me there. It was an afternoon appt so we did my grocery shopping first. We stopped at the Fresh Market to get dill pickles. They are not briney dills, but as close as I can get to them. I actually like them so I picked up 3 jars. Next we stopped at Trader Joe's where I picked up a few more things. I don't buy a lot at these stores but it cuts down on what I'd have to order online. Low sodium foods are hard to find. In case I haven't mentioned it I am on a low sodium diet and have been doing good.....SLOWLY getting used to bland food. 
Finally we went the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I have never been there and it was good!...but pricey. I thought we might eat there so I researched what foods I would be able to have. I had the Herb Crusted Salmon with garlic potatoes and asparagus. I think I should not have had the mashed potatoes, but I forgot to ask about that. My weight was good this morning so I was OK anyway. The best lunch I've had in a long time. No we did not get cheese cake, looking back I think I should have taken a piece home for later.
My DR appt went well, everything is healing good and the drain should be able to come out Sunday (if the visiting nurse can do it) or on Monday when I see the oncologist. Then I can drive again!!! I'm getting cabin fever.....and thrift store withdrawal. 
Well, the weekend is here and so is our (hungry) grandson.
Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I am keeping you in my prayers. I think your card is awesome. I some times think changing our diets is the hardest thing to do. It is good that you are learning to do without salt. Take care and please keep us posted. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in for a quick visit. You are sounding much more like your old self. I am glad that you are doing well. I will keep praying for you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always excited to see an update!!!!
    I was at Trader Joe's yesterday! (Friday!) LOVE that store! I also love the Cheesecake Factory. I usually order the Avocado Egg Rolls!!! Oh, MY!!!!
    If you would private message me your address - I would love to send you a couple of bookmarkers the quads have made! My email address is on the side bar of my blog.
    Keep up the good work and wear a sweater!!!! IN the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy things are slowly but steadily getting back to normal for you. I know you are so glad! Sounds like a nice day with your friend and a delicious lunch! And, that card is just gorgeous! Have a beautiful Sunday. Hugs and prayers....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for the updates... So glad you had good reports. I love our Trader Joes. And The Cheesecake Factory. Yummm... I've had the salmon.

    ReplyDelete