You might say never, I choose to disagree today. Today was a good chemo day....at least so far. It's a good day when:
- your blood work is excellent
- you've lost 10# (no I am not trying to, I just think I am eating fewer sweets)
- you can read for hours and finish a good book
- you are covered with warm blankets; served soup, sandwich, and a dilly bar.
- you have a surprise visit from a friend (who happened to be there visiting another friend)
- you feel bad for the young man who walked past, with his family, and explained how he was vomiting up all weekend. I'm thankful that has not been me. He was so young, his daughter must have been 9 or 10. :-(
- you are out of the clinic 3 hours earlier than anticipated
- you come home and wash AND put away the dishes and do some laundry
- you feel good enough to stop at the thrift store on your way home and find this adorable, wide brim hat that will be perfect for the beach later this month at Kites Over Lake Michigan or any other outdoor activities, and a nice Nike t-shirt for your grandson, and 2 new light bulbs for my automatic candles I keep in the windows.....all for............$2.99
- you don't turn on the computer for hours until after you arrive home
- you know your hubby doesn't expect you to make dinner....so I am not going to....we have leftovers to eat
The last time I had one of these treatments it took a couple of days for the side effect to catch up to me....let's hope I can run faster this time and get away!!!! If you've seen me try to run you know it's not going to happen.