Monday, August 18, 2014

When Is A Chemo Day A Good Day?


You might say never, I choose to disagree today. Today was a good chemo day....at least so far. It's a good day when:
  • your blood work is excellent
  • you've lost 10# (no I am not trying to, I just think I am eating fewer sweets)
  • you can read for hours and finish a good book
  • you are covered with warm blankets; served soup, sandwich, and a dilly bar.
  • you have a surprise visit from a friend (who happened to be there visiting another friend)
  • you feel bad for the young man who walked past, with his family, and explained how he was vomiting up all weekend. I'm thankful that has not been me. He was so young, his daughter must have been 9 or 10.   :-(
  • you are out of the clinic 3 hours earlier than anticipated
  • you come home and wash AND put away the dishes and do some laundry
  • you feel good enough to stop at the thrift store on your way home and find this adorable, wide brim hat that will be perfect for the beach later this month at Kites Over Lake Michigan or any other outdoor activities, and a nice Nike t-shirt for your grandson, and 2 new light bulbs for my automatic candles I keep in the windows.....all for............$2.99




  • you don't turn on the computer for hours until after you arrive home
  • you know your hubby doesn't expect you to make dinner....so I am not going to....we have leftovers to eat
The last time I had one of these treatments it took a couple of days for the side effect to catch up to me....let's hope I can run faster this time and get away!!!! If you've seen me try to run you know it's not going to happen.

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your positive attitude! I'm so happy you had a good chemo day. Love the new hat and the kite day sounds like fun! You'll have to share pictures! Have a lovely evening.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all your days this week are good!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Linda, too!! Thank you for your visit to my blog! I hope we will become fast friends!
    Prayers for you as you go through this journey to regain your health!
    By the way - you are so beautiful! That SMILE!!! Oh, that SMILE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you are so beautiful, your face, your smile and your precious attitude. So many blog friends traveled with me in my cancer journey in 2009, and you will have so much support and love coming your way. Love and Hugs and Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you had a good chemo day! You.have such a positive attitude. You always find the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to read this! So happy for you.
    Let the good times continue - each day becoming healthier than the day before!!

    ReplyDelete