Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thoughts on Thursday

I am wondering if it is an epidemic????
Piles of clothing?
Mine only looks like this when I am sorting  & doing laundry.

 Yesterday morning, when I was at work, a woman called me before 7:30 saying that her daughter's water heater was getting water all over, it was an emergency, and she needed someone right away. She was kinda cranky. We did some scrambling (it's BUSY at work) and got someone to replace the water heater right away. 
A couple hours later she called me to apologize and say that her daughter has young children and is not very good about folding her laundry, so the floor was full of clothing. Kate and her husband were driving to the daughter's house to shut the water off and pick up the clothing. I understand that the daughter didn't know how to shut the water off....but couldn't she pick up her own clothes??? Mom and dad to the rescue again.....
I will give the young mom the benefit of a doubt and assume that she had to get to work. But why aren't we teaching our children how to be adults and take care of themselves????
You know me, I can't let my soapbox sit idle for too long.

Another more serious thought.
Hubby found out earlier this week that his employer is closing the plant where he works and building a new one, probably in Texas. The present employees will be offered jobs, but he will not move and I don't know if I'd want to either. I know he is worried, even though he doesn't say much.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love comments!!!

4 comments:

  1. Linda- Well, bless that girl's Mom for stepping in to help. I do that sometimes, too...my daughter works so many hours and has such a stressful job. She has to work for their insurance.

    I am so sorry to hear about hubby's plant closing. Which one is that? I know you are not too far from me. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not stand to pile clothes in the laundry room floor! I taught my kids to be independent and take care of their things themselve. My son and daughter have both been doing their own laundry since they were around 10-11 years old. They are 24 and 18 now! Prayers for you and your hubby as you decide what you will do about the plant closing. Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first glanced at the picture I thought the post was going to be about another one of you wonderful creations. It looks like a cute monster. Green mouth, red eyes, cute little twist in the body. Never would have guessed laundry.
    I love your soap boxes. They are so sensible.
    Best wishes on the job situation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray for you and Kev. I think a move for a few years would be okay, but you know Kev.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete