Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

It's Friday the 13th, and usually I end up working on that 'special' day, but today I was off. I'm not a superstitious person so I just say 'bah humbug' to that nonsense. I started the day off by sleeping in, once in a while it's good to do. At noon I had an appointment for a massage.....need I say more, it was awesome! Somehow I have to figure out a way to get one several times a year. With my list in hand (I need a list) I headed off to run errands. First I stopped at the consignment store and collected some cash......always a good thing after the holidays. Then I went to the natural health pharmacy to see what would help lower my cholesterol naturally. I am trying fish oil and red yeast rice. I really, really do not want to take a statin drug. Anyone have any other suggestions? Yes, I've heard the diet and exercise plans....but I need to implement them! I had to return an impulse buy at Kohl's so I did that. As I was looking around I found the perfect turtleneck (on sale) for one of my new sweaters and I had a 30% off coupon on top of that. I walked around and looked at a few other things but nothing caught my eye. I'm thankful for that, because I have plenty of clothes and don't need to dress up for work or any other occasion so I want to work with what I have. I am getting more imaginative with color combinations and even wear red now. As a redhead I NEVER wore red, but being a Red Hatter I had to wear it sometimes...and now I can wear it. One more good thing....the mailman brought me a coupon for a free John Fredia Precision Foam Colour. So I am not playing along with the bad rap that Friday the 13th gets! It was a pretty good day in my neighborhood. How was your day?

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the Red rice yeast, but take no-flush Niacin more regularly for the cholesterol problem. No statins in my system yet.

    Are massages great--they seem to last for a week when I get a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I didn't even think that yesterday was Friday the 13th even though I worked. I have a cat with high cholesterol, and my vet put him on Swanson brand Full Spectrum Olive Leaf. All natural products he uses on my pets always work for me also.

    ReplyDelete