Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The 3 Rs

The ROADTRIPS are over, at least for 2-1/2 weeks until I pick up my 11 year old granddaughter and her friend for a long weekend visit. I was able to attend most of the grand kids concerts and saw some at a memorial service for their other grandma. My 8 year old granddaughter was here over the new year's weekend. She's such a blessing to have around. I still have to visit my mom. With the price of gas and the driving time involved (the closest is 90 miles) road trips are a costly event.
I didn't have too many RETURNS but the ones I had went smoothly and I do have one more big item to return.
I did some RUMMAGING through the Christmas clearance items.........I actually think after Christmas is my favorite time to shop - everything is on sale! Very few items found their way into my cart though. My big score (thanks to my daughter) were the Christmas countdown calenders (.89 ea), each one with a piece of chocolate in a numbered square. Last month I got some flak because I didn't give my grandsons a 'chocolate calendar'....but I couldn't find them. Target had them and I didn't get to a Target.
Those are my 3 Rs: Roadtrips, Returns, and Rummaging.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck finding those calendars in the after Christmas sales!

    ReplyDelete