Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ups & downs

Christmas is coming way too fast........it's way too commercial. I do not like buying things for my grandkids just so they have gifts. To be honest I am a practical person. Most of the moms give me good suggestions...but not all. I have quite a bit of shopping left to do and I know I'll be done about the 23rd or 24th.

I don't have any decorating done and no one helps, hubby doesn't really care about holidays. At least we have young grandchildren that enjoy it. I actually do love to have my house all decked out for the holidays.....but it sooooooooo much work. I will save that for the year that it's my turn to host Christmas eve.

And I do love to bake cookies....but where is the time? MAYBE I will find it. This Sunday afternoon 2 of my grandkids are coming over to decorate cut out cookies. When I was a kid we always went to grandmas to do it and I am trying to keep that tradition alive.

I have a nasty cold.... the first hour of the day I spend wiping my eyes until I am free of mascara :-( The rest of the day I am sneezing and blowing my nose. Now, aren't you glad I told you that????

1 comment:

  1. You need waterproof mascara.LOL.
    Sandy(who is anonymous because I am not signing in)

    ReplyDelete