Friday, December 17, 2010

Does traction really work?

My back has been really bothering me for several months and the chiropractor hasn't helped so I mentioned it to my DR at my annual visit and she sent me to physical therapy where they determined that my tailbone and pelvis are turned. Yesterday I really hurt so the therapist decided just to do traction. Have you ever had it? The last time I was in traction was in '83 or '84 when I broke my femur......totally different. I laid on a table (just doing that was painful) that comes apart and she put 2 wide 'belts' on me...and the bottom half of the table moved away....all the while I am clutching (tightly) the kill switch. It lasted only for 5 minutes. My comment while this was happening was 'interesting' and it was. My back does feel better..........we'll see how long this lasts. It still hurts if I twist my body and I have my exercises and more physical therapy to complete.

Lots to do here yet: getting ready to celebrate Christmas at my daughter's.....so I have to buy a couple more things, wrap everything, bake 2 pumpkin rolls, cut up veggies. My tree still isn't up, cards are not mailed, and on and on................

Today IS free shipping day, just go to www.freeshipping.com and check out the merchants who will ship (for free) your items to you by the 24th. Good Luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how one of those inversion boards would work as it stretches everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't like my head below my heart.....major headache.

    ReplyDelete