Monday, November 9, 2015

Confirmation

I'm a Lutheran, died in the wool, old fashioned Lutheran. We baptize our babies and confirm (the faith of) our teens. I am not saying anyone else is wrong, but this is what I believe. Sadly, not all of my grandchildren have been baptized.
My oldest granddaughter was confirmed last month. The teens take religious classes to reaffirm their faith and to understand it. It is an important step and I was proud to be able to attend Tailyn's confirmation.
The service was a saturday night service, starting at 5. BUT I had 5:30 stuck in my head and that is when we arrived. Yup, 1/2 hour late, smack dab in the middle of the service. We crept into a back pew and caught a wee bit of the pastor's sermon. Fortunately I did not miss the confirmation 'ceremony'. Each confirmand was called up to the front of the church and the family members went up and put a hand on her and the pastor completed the rite. It was lovely and I am thankful that I was able to be a part of it.

My 12 year old grandson and 15 year old Tailyn, she's a petite young woman.
Below is my daughter in law, my oldest son (Tailyn & Tyler's dad), me, Tailyn, and  my youngest son.
 They are a nice little family and I am very proud of them. Both parents take an interest in the children's activities. My son purchased land in the country and they built their modest house as they could afford it. 

 I don't dress up often and didn't need to dress up that night either, but I wanted to look nice. I wore my brand new (not from the thrift store) stretch denim skirt (that I love), my thrift store Chico's jacket (here's the post), and these very comfortable shoes that I almost didn't buy ($5 at the thrift store ~ I've worn them several times already). The lace top I've had for a couple of years.
Yes, I am still playing catch up.
Hope your week goes well!!!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I think that any time our children and grandchildren find their way and discover their own faith, it is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Tailyn! You have a beautiful family, Linda, and your love for them is obvious with every post you make about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, What a wonderful family. So glad they are in the faith. Your grands are so cute. You all looked so fine and happy. That's the best part, happy. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie
    p.s. love your good looking thrift outfit.

    ReplyDelete