Friday, November 27, 2015

More Thanksgiving

I hope all of my readers had a nice Thanksgiving with some time to relax and reflect upon your blessings. We ate dinner with my step-Daughter and her family at the bar/restaurant her hubby runs with his mother. It was family style, the food was good, and everyone who was there took some leftovers home. 


I've developed a 'bad' habit from one of my traveling friends.....I feel like I need to do something while in the car. It's about a 50 mile drive to their place.....I checked my calendar for next week's schedule, cleaned & filed my nails, played a game on my phone....and then found the portals of prayer booklet and decided to read the thought for the day.
The Entry for yesterday The National Day of Thanksgiving, is from the service 'Communion of the Sick and Home-bound'....strange basis for Thanksgiving?
It says: "We are only an accident, heart attack, or stroke away from being a shut-in: that every day spent in good health is a gift."
And "the Lord says he will be with us when the bad times will inevitably will come. He never says we won't go through them, he says he'll be with us when we do."
"He says 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine.'  No matter what, we belong to the Lord who redeemed us through his son."
This really made sense to me, I am sure it was because of what I went though last year and the beginning of this year.   You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Thanks for taking the time to read...........I'm sure I'll be back with some more useful (?) information or nonsense (?) in the near future. 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog today. I think your Thanksgiving sounds good. I always try to do things in the car too. Read, knit, play Candy Crush on my phone...

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes God is Good and with us through it all!
    Your post touched my heart, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Where would we be without our faith? I know I wouldn't have made it through this far without God's help! Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete