Monday, November 3, 2014

Letting Go

OK,  I am going to admit it...
I am a control freak.
Yes,
I like to be in charge and like things done my way.
But,
I can't be in control anymore.....
it just dawned on me.
Guess I can be kinda slow sometimes.
Winter is on the way and it's time to rake and clean up my plants. I always bring some inside and the remainder get dumped in my compost pile. I wash out the pots and put them away for next year. There is always some 'artistic junque' I want to save. Not this year, all the cleaning up was left up to Kevin and I will just have to let it go and go with the flow in the spring. After all it's just 'stuff'.....spring will be a new start.
I allowed my SIL to do our laundry.....that was difficult also. We all have our own way of taking care of our clothes, mine are clean so I'm happy....who cares HOW they are folded or if they are not hung up. Now Kev does the laundry, he doesn't do it the same way I do either....but we have clean clothes. Today I could not find the sweatshirt that goes with my pants....someday it will show up.....I hope. 
I am SLOWLY learning to let go and let God.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding Proverbs 3:5 NIV

Today I had a protime for my blood thinner.....results were good. No more Lovenex shots in my stomach. I saw the dr for my red, teary, crusty, sore eyes. When I woke up they were crusted shut and so sore. DR gave me drops and after 1 drop I feel better. The cardiologist doesn't want to change anything and mess up my electrolytes so things will stay the same. He says I am slowly improving so I'll trust him. 

I am not in control of any of this. I need to remember to trust in the Lord. 
I thank everyone for your prayers!!!


5 comments:

  1. I just met you the other day though Nan Dainna and came as soon as I saw the new post, I am so glad things are sound ing better for you, no more tummy needles is good news any day!! Sore eyes are not nice but thank good ness the drops helped, continuing improvement for you is my wish, I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wondering how you are doing! Yes, let things go......it's not easy. I am must the same way myself. Love and prayers from my heart here in Texas! I look forward to hearing your updates. Keep us posted, dear. Even if the news isn't as good as you would like or that recovery may take longer than you want it to. Prayers will see you through.......let us help with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is difficult to relinquish control. Good for you for realizing that it needs to be done for a while. Let someone else take care of things for you until you are feeling better. I'm glad to hear you don't have to take the shots in the tummy any longer. Those sound painful! You are going to get through this and come out stronger than ever...:) Blessings for a good week.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- I hear you- I am a controller, too. A caretaker and not good at being taken care of...always do everything for everyone....sound familiar? It is hard to let go and I give you a lot of credit, Linda, for letting go but putting your faith and trust in the Power that is greater than ours. God bless you. I pray for you all the time. xo Diana

    ps...glad your meds are working and you are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by to check on you this evening. I think of you often. Glad those awful shots are over and the heart doc is pleased with your improvement. So good that family and friends are "stepping up" to help you a bit. You will pay it forward when you are better so let others help. Your attitude is soooo good. I am praying for you, Friend.

    ReplyDelete