Monday, November 24, 2014

All Caught Up

I was blessed with visitors on saturday, Sunday, and Monday. If you're feeling 1/2 decent a stay in the hospital is pretty boring. I don't watch daytime TV, the computer bored me, and I didn't feel like reading. There were no more tests, just a lot of pokes to check my blood. Once I reached my goal weight and it was deemed the water pills were working the Dr gave me the OK to go home on Wednesday afternoon. Of course, I had to prove that I could take care of myself (for the most part) at home.....including walking up and down stairs. It is wonderful to be able to walk up or down the steps and not be totally out of breath. This afternoon I went into the basement to get something and walked back up again. Yes, I walk slowly and still get tired but I am so much better. 
We're living pretty quiet here.
Kevin is taking good care of me.
Sunday my son and his family came to visit. I want to be honest about my condition but at the same time don't want people to think I am looking for sympathy. Later in the afternoon our grandson came over to see how I was doing. We took him grocery shopping with us......he's learning about serving sizes and sodium. He's 9 and was a big help to us. Walking through the store tired me out so Kev got the car and I waited there while they checked out. 
Today I just needed to have my blood checked for clotting time so my bff took me. I also talked to my oncologist, he's still trying to figure out how I can have my surgery......while awake w/o a general anesthetic????? hmmmm
This afternoon I was hungry for anything that had a lot of sodium in it. Kev ate his leftover ham steak.....I was tempted to grab it off his plate......but I knew I'd only be hurting myself and I was having such a good day. I attempted to make potato soup..........YUK!!! Low sodium broth is going on my shopping list.... I don't want to....but I have to use it.
I felt really good this afternoon: I cooked for the first time in over a month, I washed all of the dishes,  and made 3 Christmas cards. I haven't felt this good in weeks! I am almost afraid to go to bed and get up tomorrow.....how will I feel? My weight was down this morning, always a good thing.
Tomorrow afternoon I have a follow up visit at St Luke's. A snowstorm is on the way, I hope it's over and the roads are clear by the time we leave. I think that is all I have on my calender for the week.
Ooooops!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

  • take your own bathrobe and personal care items for your hospital stay
  • don't forget cell phone charger, etc

8 comments:

  1. Reading and playing "catch up" on your posts. I'm soooooooo glad you're out of the hospital and that today has been a good day. ((PRAYING))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will enjoy "low sodium" cooking and foods...it's something that I've been doing a year or so...Happy that you are home and hope that you do have a
    Happy Thanksgiving Day.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are doing better! Enjoy every moment and I agree, low sodium takes some time to get used to! XxDazee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so very glad you seem so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!! YOU are ROCKING this!!! Sodium??? I am an addict!
    But back to YOU.....love and prayers as you continue to recover and gain strength!!!
    Thanksgiving is not just a DAY! It is an ATTITUDE! And YOU have GOT this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up on your posts. I am so sorry you have had such a rough go of it lately, but happy to hear you are improving and feeling so much better. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and keep up that positivity!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think once you are used to eating low sodium, you will be used to the flavor. We can only hope. Good luck with the drive to Milwaukee today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I am so glad to read you are doing better. I pray for you to get through this surgery and start building up your strength. Blessings to you and your family for a great Thanksgiving. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete