Saturday, July 27, 2013

Gardeners, I Need Your Help!


Thursday inbetween my massage and facial I had some time to kill and the thrift store was nearby so....I shopped. One of the things I found was a brand new canvas bag that my granddaughter can dye if she wants when she visits again next month. After I checked out and was approaching the door I noticed some plants sitting on the counter. What caught my eye was the McCoy pot. I knew it was a McCoy because several years ago I gave my daughter one (before I knew it was not just any ol' pot). That's OK because she knows what it is and she'll keep it. I checked on ebay and saw them selling for $9.99 to $29.99, although I didn't see any cream colored ones,
I also saw a very unusual plant in it........what is this?  I think the tiny plant in the center is a Christmas cactus???

Notice the 'star' shaped stems and then the leaves that grow out of the ends. I have never seen anything like it. My good friend took a guess and called it a walking stick (wrong). I googled and came up with Harry  Lauder's walking stick tree, as seen in this post.

So, if you have ANY idea of what kind of plant this is leave me a comment!!!  I paid $3.50 for this unusual plant and a McCoy pot. I'd say it was a win, win combo for me. 

I have one other plant that I was unsure what it was here, I think it is an Orchid Cactus. The 'stems' that I stuck in the soil have produced new shoots, I hope the one I gave to Carolee grows just as good!!!

Now I'm off to take a warm bath and get dressed. It is 54 and cloudy here. WHAT?????
No weekend plans here.......hope yours is a great one!!!



3 comments:

  1. The one looks like immature eucalyptus.
    Don't over water them is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual plant...I've never seen one like it! And...54 degrees! I am so jealous...lol! I am not sure how hot it got here in Florida today but it was at least 94! I would love a nice cool evening...enjoy!

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks kind of like a Christmas Cactus.

    ReplyDelete