Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Very Pleasant Saturday

I woke up early this morning listening to the birds singing, as usual. The sun was shining and it was going to be a great day.............so I got up. I really enjoy getting up early (sometimes). I had (and still have) a list of things I need to get done and one was some online research about Social Security.  Set up a my Social Security account on that site and you can find out everything you need to know about your earnings. I've been thinking about retiring for several months, even though I am not eligible for full benefits.... after calculating potential earnings and comparing my current income I decided to talk to my hubby and see what he thought.........he said, "Go for it!"  Oooh, I was tickled. I was so excited I called my friend to share my good news.

I feel I 'deserve' it. We are far from wealthy and, of course, I'd make more money if I continued to work. I've never had a lot of material things, nor do I need them. I worked most of my adult life. While I was a single parent I worked, went to school, and took care of my 3 children. Later I remarried and had 2 more children to help raise. I am fortunate that I am married to a younger man who carries health insurance on me.

I really want not to work.....I have lots that I want to do around the house.....from cleaning and organizing to painting to craft projects to just having friends over for coffee. I'll probably have to start cooking again. Wish me luck!!! The big day is almost a year away, but I am still eagerly anticipating it.

The remainder of the day was very nice too. I walked across the street and visited with the neighbors at their garage sale. We really don't talk to any of our neighbors and I'd like to be a bit more friendly with them. I ran some errands and ran into a friend at the thrift store. In the afternoon I worked outside a little and spent most of my time reading on the deck. When the weather is nice I can't stand to be inside. After hubby returned from golfing he mowed the lawn and did some other yard work............ activities he prefers to avoid. The weather was perfect and it was just a nice afternoon.

Our grandson usually spends the night with us on saturday but he didn't come over tonight. I am enjoying a nice quiet evening after having some leftovers and homemade strawberry shortcake for dinner. Hubby went to a friend's to watch some baseball game and I've been relaxing. I suppose I will have to put an end to the relaxation.......one of these days......

I hope day was as nice as mine was!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you finally had some "me" time. How nice! Will have to clean my lounge chair so I can relax more outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll find plenty to keep you busy. Just remember that even though you won't be working outside of the house and yard, you still need that quality down time to just relax. Good luck on your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete