Thursday, March 25, 2010

Those darn cell phone companies & other thoughts

You can just call me the 'queen of cell phone numbers' because I change my number every year or 2. Yes, I've done it again. I have a prepaid phone (Tracfone - and am actually pretty satisfied with it) but I wanted one that got better reception in more places so I am trying Cellcom this time. My sister in law is happy with her prepaid Cellcom phone, so I copied her. BUT, and it is a big one............... if I go with a 2 year contract I could get the phone for $59, but I refuse to purchase a contract and prefer prepaid so I had to buy the same phone for over twice as much. :-( The cell phone companies have us over a barrel and know it!!! I suppose I did not need such an expensive phone but I HAD to have the one with a mini SD card for the camera feature. I don't use my cell phone often, guess I am not important enough to always be on the phone, my kids & friends are grown and don't need to be in constant contact with me. :-)

After a sunny and warm spell it has turned cold again, highs today - mid 30's and windy. This morning it sounded like blizzard weather outside. OK, I'll look on the bright side: our snow is gone (except for the huge snow piles made by the plows), flowers are starting to peek out, and it is almost April.

This has been a bad 2 weeks for those I know: one of my grandsons had emergency surgery (he is home and fine now), my bff (one of our Red Hatters) broke her ankle, one of our Red Hat members lost her hubby, and just a couple of days ago another Red Hat (and personal) friend lost her husband. Since I am our chapters treasurer I purchased gifts/flowers for those gals. Unfortunately our chapter renewal is due and we are broke, so I've had to pay out of pocket for those expenses. I will get reimbursed in 2 weeks so I will survive, I am just thankful that I have a job and was able to do that.

My weekend plans are busier than ever: today I pick J up from school at 11 (as usual); Friday I am off but I need to take my car in for an oil change and tire rotation, that night is the wake; Saturday morning is the funeral (since we will miss our nephew's BD party we might stop at their house afterwards), Saturday night J stays overnight; Sunday is church and then I am going to visit T (my grandson who had surgery-they live about 1-3/4 hours away). Monday I am off but will have both of the boys for 1/2 day, they have spring break. I hope it is nice so we can get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment