Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's winter!


What a difference a day can make! One day it's 40 and the ground is bare and the next we are covered with snow. We had rain & snow mixture starting Tuesday night and part of the day on Wednesday. It was really a wet, heavy snow. Hubby was pushing the snow thrower. I am really blessed that I don't have to do any of the snow removal.Yesterday it was soooooooooo nice to be able to stay indoors all day. I worked on some cards and wrapped gifts. It was a nice quiet day, I appreciate that. Today I saw lots of trees with BIG branches broken off under the weight of the heavy snow. Last night it got cold...........6 degrees this morning when I left my house to watch the 5K concert. Thank goodness for remote car starters.......I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. The concert was fantastic, they didn't just do the simple songs you think of when you think 5 year old. Two of the songs had motions only, the kids did not sing. I could see they loved doing it too. I will have to send a thank you to the music teacher, he's wonderful. After the concert I brought my 4-1/2 year old grandson home while mom & dad are working. He's watching a Pokemon movie now. We had to stop at Hobby Lobby to get something for my bff and, of course, we had too look at the toy aisle. First he picked out Pez candy ($1.79), the he spotted a foam sword and shield ($4.99 ea) and I had to buy one for brother since he will be here tonight.........I was kicking myself for his purchase, but.......... At the check out he spotted a package of bouncy balls ($2.79). I said if he wanted the balls (he calls them Poke balls) he'd have to put the swords and shields back.............HE DID!!!! I am so thrilled.......he didn't even put up a fuss and want all of it, just chose what he wanted most. Sometimes life is GRAND!!! Oh, I almost forgot......he needs boots. I stopped at the thrift store on the way to the concert and found 3 pairs of boots in his size. Now you can't tell me that God did not put those boots there for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment