Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Christmas countdown begins

I love Christmas, the decorations, the family time, the meaning of it, watching the kids big smiles when they open a gift. I use to go all out and decorate every room in my house (family room, living room, kitchen, bathroom, some outside lights) but not anymore. I love the decorating but not the putting away. This year we have no outside lights (hubby does not do a thing and I don't know when I'll have the time) and no decorating inside yet either. I am telling myself it is early yet............

Last night we decorated cookies with my 4 & 5 year old grandsons. I'd save a lot of money on colored sugar if I'd do it myself but it wouldn't be half as much fun.

This week's schedule is hectic too:
After Sunday school today I have to drop off candles from my candle party and pick up my fused glass pendant. WOOHOO J will be here all afternoon (he stayed overnight last night).
Monday morning I'm reading/helping in his classroom, then he'll come home with me for the afternoon.
Tuesday I'm working and making washer pendants at night. :-)
Wednesday morning is the 5K Christmas concert and J will come home with me for the afternoon. We are going to bake banana bread for his treat at school the next day.
Thursday I pick J up from school at 11 and he be here all afternoon again and I will have both boys at night.
Friday - nothing scheduled........but I have to finish shopping for my side of the family and then wrap gifts.
Saturday I have to make 3 pumpkin rolls to take along to my daughters for Christmas. EVERYONE at her house loves it.....inc. her 1 yer old daughter. We will probably have J overnight on Saturday. I'd like to take the boys to the Rahr West museum for a craft project, they enjoyed it the last time. That evening is the live (outdoor) nativity that I REALLY want to take J to see.
Sunday morning we'll leave about 10 for a (nearly) 2 hour drive. I sure hope the weather is good. That is usually the only time my mom gets together with us. She is 80 and not in the best of health.
Have a good week!!!!

2 comments: