It was brought to my attention that some of you are waiting to hear the results of my MRIs. I wasn't worried and didn't hear for 2 days so didn't even think about it. Thankfully I was right this time, both were negative :-). All is good. No more explanation will be given.
On the way home from the cardiologist last week my surgeon called me and he had 3 options (for surgery) for me.
1. Wait 3 months to see what another ECHO says about my heart. Will the tumor grow? spread?
2. Have the tumor and one lymph node removed under a local anesthetic with light sedation, at the hospital 40 minutes away. It's a good hospital, just not as big and specialized as St Luke's. If the node is positive I will have to have surgery later (under general anesthesia) to remove more lymph nodes.
3. Have the whole surgery done under general anesthesia, at St Lukes. Because of my heart I am at a higher risk and that hospital has specialists there and I'd be in good hands.
The oncologist and surgeon don't want to wait.
Hubby says "It's your body."
My friends have given me their opinions. A blogger friend, Lois, has given me hers (from past experience).
Pray I make the right decision.