Sunday, March 16, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins

Don't these look yummy??? Just look at those chocolate chips.
I love muffins, heavy muffins, not cake-like muffins. 
On my 'break' (there is no break, I just eat as I am working) I almost always have a homemade muffin).
They satisfy my sweet tooth and are healthy to boot!


  • 1 cup chunky peanut butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cut sugar
  • 1 cut milk
  • 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 mini chocolate chips
Preheat over to 375 F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper cups.
With electric mixer, beat peanut butter, egg, and sugars until smooth. Add milk in 3 parts, mixing between additions to blend. Add flour and baking powder and mix just until flour disappears. Blend in chocolate chips. Spoon into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes, until tester comes out clean. Do no over bake. Makes 12.

For the peanut butter and jelly purist, place a pocket of strawberry jam or preserves in the center and omit the chips. (Place a spoonful of batter in the bottom, add a spoonful of jelly, then top with another spoonful of batter.) I have not tried this variation.

Enjoy with a cup of hot tea or coffee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment