Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ethnic Fest

Saturday was the annual Ethnic Fest here. It's a big deal, people come from all over the state......main street is shut down for the day and is full of vendors,  food, and craft booths. I love to go every year, and this year was no different. 
Deb and I left later in the cool, partly cloudy morning. When the sun shone it was nice, but when the e dark clouds took over it was cold.
I loved this metal pumpkin totem for $25. I didn't purchase anything (other than food).
Several musicians and dancers entertain the visitors to Ethnic Fest. Since I am a fair weather friend I did not want to sit and watch any of the entertainment.

Heading into the food court area....that's the best part - the ethnic foods. Years ago small size portions were offered but the past few years only the larger, meal size plates are for sale. I enjoyed an egg roll, gyros, and a YUMMY banana /strawberry crepe. .....my very first crepe!
I saw some beautiful wooden bowls.They were smooth as glass and not cheap.
One innovative woman made these gorgeous brooches/pendants with old jewelry. She used a lot of big, old earrings in her designs. If I remember correctly they were about $25 each.

It was fun to go and look around, I look forward to it every year. I planned only to buy something to eat.....I don't need anything and am trying not to spend extra money. 


This afternoon I went out to dinner with some extended family for their mom's/grandma's/great grandma's birthday. She's 94! Then we all went over to Deb's house for cake & ice cream. Hubby came over when he finished work. Our youngest granddaughter was there too, it was good to see her. She is quite a character! Now we're home and I am enjoying the quiet.....I took 2 of our grandsons with me to celebrate their great-grandma's birthday.

It's the start of a new week, nothing eventful is on my calender....working 3 days....drat!!! I hope the weather is nice tomorrow for my day off! remember, I LOVE sunshine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment