Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lighting Up The Kitchen

My kitchen lit up tonight, but not in a good way. I was making muffins and needed some melted butter, so I did what I always do-put it in the microwave. It started sparking! Thank goodness I was right there and grabbed the handle and opened it as fast as I could. That scared me! OMG what am I going to do without a microwave???? I had to melt my butter the old fashioned way and heat up my frozen dinner in the oven....woe is me! After a while I tried a cup of water and that was OK, so then I put some butter in a cup and it sparked again. I am going to stay really close whenever I use it from now on. Our grandson ALWAYS make microwave popcorn with melted butter....he won't be melting it in the microwave anymore!!!

One of my friends posted a link on my facebook page to a blog whose author had the same problem, strange,very strange. Have you, my dear readers, ever had that happen to you??? I'd appreciate hearing from you.

1 comment:

  1. Yes- I have had things spark in the microwave, too. Not in the one I have now though. I think it is the fat in the butter that causes it. And if there is anything metallic at all it sparks. I have a love/hate relationship with my microwave. xo Diana