Friday, February 12, 2010

A day in the life of me

Yesterday morning I got up, made a cup of tea and read my email as usual. About 10am I left the house to pick up my grandson from 4K. I dropped off a bag at the thrift store on the way and did not buy a thing. woo hoo!!! He wanted to stop at the thrift store on the way home so we did. He got some small toys for 25 cents........the price is right so I say OK. When we got home we looked at the Valentines he got from school, played several games of Candyland, finished the Valentine he made for mom and dad (but he says it's for him b/c no one gives him cards), watched a Dora movie, and a Pokeman movie. He insists I watch at least part of them with I do. He wanted to play some games on the computer so we came downstairs to do it but the volume wasn't I checked to see what the problem was.
While I was on my hands and knees under the computer desk checking to see that everything was plugged in one of the plugs that was adjacent to the on/off switch on the power strip bumped the switch and everything went off. So I unplugged everything and rearranged all the plugs so nothing would trip the switch again ...........but then I could not get online. I reset the modem several time and nothing..........I called Charter and we determined that the modem was bad. I still thought that I did something (I blame myself for everything). So I said I'd stop in at the office and pick up a new modem today. End of story, so I thought.
Well, at 7:30 this morning hubby wakes me up (I really wanted to sleep in for a change) and asks "Do you have Charter coming? The truck is sitting in front of the house." The cable guy came in and put a new modem in for me.....but that one was bad too! The 2nd one worked fine. I am glad that he did come b/c now I am back online. BUT I reset my wireless router and I think it is not secure right now so I have to figure that out this weekend too. If I can't, my nephew is home and he can set it up (again) for me.
After the computer fiasco I decided to make something different for supper. I had chicken out so I made Chicken Cordon Bleu. I had forgotten how easy it was and good. Hubby even liked it b/c he ate a huge portion. I'd like to go out for fish tonight, but I doubt if hubby will. :-(
Later today I have to buy a BD gift for one of our grandsons, the party is tomorrow. I just wanna stay home and clean up my mess.........waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment