Thursday, June 24, 2010

What I am reading today...........

I have decided to post what I am reading, I have always been a reader......in 6th grade I ALMOST read the most books. I was never the tallest, smartest, best at anything, most loved..... :-( Ya think, I'd get use to being 2nd best. Well, I am getting off track here.
A couple of years ago I finally joined a book club. The first group I was in fizzled out....I like the group I am in now, really down to earth and a bit funny too. We go out to eat and talk about the book and who knows what else will come up. Last night we discussed ANGRY HOUSEWIVES EATING BON BONS by Lorna Landvik. That was kind of nice b/c I was already reading it.......one of my thrifty finds (I refuse to buy new books). We all liked it! It's about a group of women (each very different) who have their own book club that spans 30 years.
Before that I read FLIP FLOPPED by (first name ?) Smolinski. It was a good summer read about a young mother and her relationship with the boys father and learning about herself.
Tonight I started a mystery (TELL NO ONE) by Harlan Coben. I've also read JUST ONE LOOK...........very good mystery, I couldn't put it down.
I am open to suggestions so if you have read any good books let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a big reader, but it makes my eyes so tired now, that I get sleepy.

    ReplyDelete