Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Retreat and other news




Isn't this BEAUTIFUL? This is the Christian camp my girlfriend and I went to earlier this month for retreat. We had perfect weather. Some of the activities I participated in were: Bible study, wagon ride around the 200+ acre camp, pontoon paddle boat, decoupaging a box, and eating plenty of great, home cooked food.

Another friend invited me to a retreat this weekend, but I don't think I can go. :-( I'd really love to, I just feel too apathetic lately and need rejuvenation. I promised 2 of my grandsons that I'd take them to Sunday School this Sunday so I need to stay here.

Last Saturday I took one of the boys to see my oldest granddaughter play soccer. We had lunch at their house (home made lasagna -yummy). The 3 kids had a good time playing together (she has a younger brother). On the way home we stopped for a few minutes at great-grandma's house. Hopefully we'll make it there for the birthday party in November....but ya never know about our winter weather.

I and a friend joined a First Place 4 Health Bible study......so far, not so good. I LOVE my chocolate (hence blog title). I know I really have to work on it........I am going to try to eat fruit for dessert. I've done it before and can do it again! (I keep telling myself). I have to do my study yet. I joined for the Bible study, I wasn't really aware that the weight loss class was a part of it.









No comments:

Post a Comment