Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vacation???

I took 2 days off this week for "vacation", what does that mean? I don't know, it has not been a vacation:
Friday night hubby and I drove the convertible in the Classic Car Cruise along the lake, it takes an hour for a normally 20 minute drive. It is fun tho, people sit along side the streets and watch hundreds of cars go by, we wave, they wave.
Saturday my (nearly) 2 year old granddaughter came to spend the night. I was a bit apprehensive b/c she doesn't see us often. But she was wonderful, no problems at all!!!! In the afternoon Eastin & I took the kids (his 2 boys and M) to the new water park in town. That night J came over too & we just hung out at home.
Sunday morning I was not going to try to take 2 kids to church so we just played here, while hubby went golfing. After lunch M's parents came to pick her up. Since I never cook when they come over (I hate cooking) the guys got food at the deli and we ate & visited. About 4pm J went home and so did M.............so I grabbed my book and sat outside and read for a bit. *smile*
Monday I picked J up at 8:20 for summer school, then I shopped, and picked up and took him home at 11am. In the afternoon my bff and I went to Appleton and did some shopping - Savers (thrift store), Archivers (scrapbooking store), Dressbarn, ate at Red Lobster, and lastly Lane Bryant. I got home at 9pm.
Tuesday I had errands to run in town before I got my hair cut............well, the gal at work called and my boss needed me to come in and make out a bill (difficult to do, with gov't forms and all). I was there for 2-1/2 hours. I know they appreciated it! Tuesday night I did attempt to clean the laundry room, still a work in progress tho.
Today I am taking the boys to the library for a summer program at 1pm and they may want to come over here and can stay until 5. After supper I have to go to church and set up for communion.
Thursday morning I will watch the boys until after 1, that includes picking J up from summer school (20 minute drive). I have to do some cleaning, baking, go to church, etc.
Friday morning I invited some Friends over for coffee.
And Saturday it all starts over again, with J on Saturday night.
We don't have plans for the 4th, we usually attend the fireworks and have a cookout with hubby's twin.

1 comment: